My white chocolate pumpkin affogato is a decadent and tasty take on the classic affogato. This dessert is made with a scoop of ice cream, white chocolate sauce and topped off with a bit of pumpkin spice! It’s perfect for fall
It’s pumpkin season! And pumpkin spice is in everything. But the pumpkin spice flavor can easily feel overwhelming, so here are some ways to get pumpkin flavor without all the pumpkin spice.
What is affogato?
Affogato is an Italian word meaning “drowned” or “buried.” It is typically made with espresso poured over ice cream.
As the hot espresso hits the ice cream, it melts it and creates an even mixture.
Why is affogato a great dessert?
In my opinion, affogato is a great dessert because it takes two of my favorite things – ice cream and espresso – and puts them together.
I also think it’s unique in the flavor combination, but refreshing in its own right.
What you need to make my White Chocolate Pumpkin Affogato Recipe
To make this dessert, you’ll need:
– 2.7 ounces espresso or strong coffee
– 1 tablespoon of canned pumpkin
-1 ounce of heavy whipping cream (sub for half and half if you’re watching fat).
– 1 white chocolate mini Magnum bar
– 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
You’ll start with combing canned pumpkin, and whipping cream together until the mixture turns a light orange color.
Add your ice cream bar into the cup and brew your cup of espresso. Stir in your ice cream bar and add pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
I recommend using an espresso with a milky, caramely and biscuit flavor. I love Nespresso’s Bianco Leggero for that specific reason!
Light coffees work best for affogato, as they become much smoother and creamier. This will ensure that your espresso flavors blend evenly with the ice cream and pumpkin flavors.
Check out the recipe below, and let me know if you’re a fan of pumpkin in your coffee.
If you enjoy pumpkin spice flavors, this recipe is for you.
It will take your pumpkin coffee to a whole new level with the richness of white chocolate and pumpkin pie spices.
If you’re looking for more diabetic-friendly recipes or drinks that are sugar-free, check out my other drink content! I have plenty of tips on how to make healthier desserts without sacrificing flavor.
More diabetes-friendly coffee drinks and recipes.Print
- 2.7 ounces espresso or strong coffee
- 1 tablespoon of canned pumpkin
- 1 ounce of heavy whipping cream (sub for half and half if you’re watching fat).
- 1 white chocolate mini Magnum bar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Start with combing canned pumpkin, and whipping cream together with a spoon until the mixture turns a light orange color.
- Add your ice cream bar into the cup and brew your cup of espresso. Stir in your ice cream bar and add pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Coffee
- Method: Brew
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Diabetic
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 16.2g
- Sodium: 66.8mg
- Fat: 13.7g
- Carbohydrates: 16.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
Keywords: affogato, white chocolate, pumpkin, coffee