Breakfasts are always tough for me. I hate to wake up early, and I’m usually better when I can grab and go. I love Chorizo and egg breakfast tacos for that reason!
Chorizo and egg breakfast tacos are good for a few reasons. They’re a great macro balance of protein, fats, and carbs, and they’re also so pretty and colorful.
I also like breakfasts that will fill me up for the morning – especially when I have to take a ton of meetings, or I don’t have access to snacks.
Making Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Tacos
Depending on how much time you have, you can cook the chorizo and eggs together. Chorizo is smokey and salty so it pairs great with the eggs. Chorizo sometimes comes ground, but mine came in a link so I chopped it into bite-sized pieces for the tacos.
Corn tortillas also paired best with these tacos. They’re strong and give each taco a good structure. I add cilantro, and cheese is also an option too – Mexican crema or cotija! Either are great.
And then finally, the lime! A little spritz of lime makes these just perfect!
Why have breakfast tacos?
Breakfast tacos are a great meal for a few reasons.
- They’re easy and delicious
- They’re an affordable meal
- They feed the masses
- You can have them 1,000 different ways
Check out the recipe for my Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Tacos below, and give me an idea of other breakfast tacos I should try!
Other Breakfast Recipes on Hangry WomanPrint
- Heat a nonstick pan and place a teaspoon of butter in the pan
- Crack your eggs and beat them with the salt, cayenne pepper and cracked black pepper.
- Place the chorizo in the pan – until they’re cooked all the way through.
- Turn the pan down to low heat, and cook the eggs. Let them set in the pan until the edges are cooked and then stir them until they come together.
- Load your tacos with a layer of egg, chorizo, and then top with cilantro.
- Sprinkle lime up to and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Diabetic
Keywords: Breakfast tacos, chorizo and egg tacos