There are some days where you just want a beautifully cooked piece of fish. Salmon is one of my favorites.
I absolutely love to cook a good piece of salmon, with asparagus and mashed sweet potatoes. See below for one of my favorite, simple recipes.
Salmon and Asparagus
10468Share on Facebook15850Share on Pinterest9476Share on Twitter Recipes, travel tips & moreSubscribe for WEEKLY content!FirstLastemail@hangrywoman.comSign UpForm is being submitted, please wait a bit.Yes, I agree…
- 1 pound salmon
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 sweet potato
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Take out your Salmon and check it for bones
- Add salt, pepper and olive oil
- Set aside.
- Wash off your asparagus
- Snap off the ends of your veggies
- Lay them on a wire rack on top of your salmon
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- stick in oven for 20 minutes.
- Add water to a pan, and bring peeled and cubed sweet potatoes to a boil until soft.
- Add butter, salt, pepper and garlic and mash.
- Plate your food
Mila Clarke Buckley is a type 2 diabetes advocate who started her food blog, “The Hangry Woman”, after being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and struggling to find approachable resources to help her manage the chronic condition and live a happy, healthy life.
HangryWoman.com aims to take away the shame and stigma that comes with a type 2 diabetes diagnosis and covers topics like diabetes management, cooking, and self-care from the perspective of someone living with the chronic condition.
Mila has worked with companies like OneTouch, a Lifescan Company and Whole Foods Market, and she has been featured by The Kitchn, Houston Press, Travel Noire, Healthline, Yahoo Lifestyle, and WebMD.
Mila lives in Houston with her husband and two pups.