I’ve been experimenting with making my own salad dressings lately.
Benefits to making your own salad dressings
- It’s fresh
- You can control the macros (Fat, Carbohydrates and Protein) in your dressing
- If you like some ingredients more than others you can add them in to your liking
- You can make small batches, so you’re not stuck with a huge bottle of dressing
I really like making dressings according to what I’m making too. Not everything needs ranch, and sometimes you want to tweak the flavors.
This apple cider vinegar salad dressing has some great benefits
- Research shows that apple cider vinegar can help moderate, or lower blood sugars for both type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- It uses fresh citrus and low glycemic, or no glycemic index ingredients for great flavor.
- It stores well in an airtight container and a little bit of dressing goes a long way in your salad.
Ingredients for apple cider vinaigrette
How to make apple cider vinaigrette
Then, drizzle in extra virgin olive oil slowly until mixture has thickened slightly and the ingredients are all combined.
Use a tablespoon at a time to dress your salad.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
You can enjoy this apple cider vinegar dressing on any salad. It’s delicious with its sweet and sour flavors. The dressing isn’t too heavy to enjoy on a light salad.Print