20 things I’ve learned in this decade of blogging, including how to make money blogging and creating good content.
Most people don’t know that I started my first blog while I was in college in 2009.
A professor in the communications school at The University of Houston encouraged us to start a blog as our class project to learn the basics and jump into this new medium that was going to take over the world.
Little did I know how much that would change my life.
Over time, I’ve had 3 different blog concepts and thousands of ideas. Some made them to the blog and others never saw the light of day.
I think we all get a little embarrassed of our past selves.
Sometimes people think it comes easy, but they don’t realize the kind of sacrifice that comes with blogging like time with family and friends, money, and brainpower.
I wanted to share many of the lessons I learned throughout all of my years of blogging. Check out my video, and the list below.
- Be gracious
- Build relationships
- Get help
- Be willing to learn
- Have humility
- Your number of followers doesn’t mean anything
- Give back more than you take
- Invest in yourself
- Do it because you love it, not for money.
- But, you honestly can make A LOT of money blogging.
- Saying ‘no’ is an option.
- You won’t make everyone happy, so focus on the kind of work that makes you feel good.
- It’s okay to grow and change
- Soak in every experience you get
- Don’t be like everyone else, and don’t measure your success by anyone elses
- Just do it.