I’m so excited to share this recipe with you guys! I am constantly losing out when I buy bananas. I buy them completely green, blink once and they’re T-O-T-A-L-L-Y done for.
I finally stopped being lazy and tried my hand at banana muffins. I’m not the best baker (y’all know that), but these are AWESOME. They are so springy and moist.
They can be made larger in batches of 12, or smaller in batches of 24. I like to make mine smaller, so I can enjoy the mini muffins throughout the week.
I hope you enjoy! The smell of toasted almonds and bananas is filling my kitchen!Print
Delicious mini banana and chocolate muffins.
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line thirteen 1/3-cup muffin cups with foil muffin liners. Mix mashed bananas, egg, olive oil, coconut sugar, honey and milk in medium bowl. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir dry ingredients into banana mixture until just blended (do not overmix). Stir in chocolate chips and crushed almonds.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake muffins until tops golden and tester inserted into center comes out with some melted chocolate attached but not wet batter.
- These bake for about 20-30 minutes. Transfer muffins to rack; cool. Or eat warm with a glass of milk, or coffee.
You can add nuts to these for some extra good texture. I like shaved almonds in mine.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 274
- Sugar: 8
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Muffins, Muffins with Chocolate Chips