Me loving summer is somewhat of an understatement. I actually love Houston’s sticky weather because it keeps my skin young, and always offers a chance to get some vitamin D! But there’s nothing that I love more than cool cocktails in the hottest months of the year. I especially love Boozy Strawberry Lemonade!
I think everyone remembers a good lemonade, whether it’s Beyonce, old fashioned fresh lemons, sugar and water, or it’s got fancy flavors like blackberries, raspberries, lemonade is simply a classic for anyone.
But I like to mix things up, and on my latest trip to my favorite grocery store in the universe (you’re missing out if you’re not in TX. No store does more!), I found strawberry lemonade, which I knew my husband would love. Once I got home, I remembered that I had a bottle of Peach Deep Eddy Vodka on my bar cart, and it was at that moment that genius struck me. “MIX THEM ALL TOGETHER,” the voice in my head was screaming. And then I remembered that I picked up mint at the store instead of basil, and honestly, the rest was history.
Peep the recipe below. It’s super easy, and it involves two of my favorite things in the world – Deep Eddy Vodka, and Topo Chico Mineral Water (honestly, Topo deserves its on blog, with its own explanation of why it’s so amazing, but that will come at another time).
As adults, we should have fun with the classics. This does it for me.
Leave a comment below – what’s your favorite way to enjoy lemonade? Boozy, or not!Print
- 1/4 cup ice
- 2 ounces Deep Eddy Peach Vodka
- 4 ounces strawberry lemonade
- 4 ounces of Topo Chico Mineral Water
- 4 mint leaves for garnish
- Put your ice into your glass.
- Measure and pour out 2 oz of Deep Eddy Peach Vodka.
- Pour in your strawberry lemonade and give everything a little stir.
- Top off your drink with the Topo Chico for a little bit of fizz.
- Garnish with fresh lime, and drop in a few fresh strawberries.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American