The holidays are almost over, and I’m a little bit sad! Although I’m in love with all of the time to relax, time with my family and ALL of the food, I’m actually very ready for the New Year.
This year has taught be a lot about myself, but I have so much to look forward to in 2017: my first 4 mile race (and the journey for training for that), hopefully getting my weight down so that I don’t have to depend on insulin to keep my blood glucose normalized, taking more steps to doing well in my career, and of course growing this little hangry blog into what I hope can become a good resource for people like me who are just trying to figure out their bodies.
But the holidays aren’t over yet, and it’s too early to forget
the worst year of recent memory 2016!
New Year’s is my FAVORITE time of year – Bryan proposed to me in his suit and tie, and my sparkly dress on New Years 2015 (even while I had the flu!). I love any chance I can get to get dressed up, throw sparkles, and kiss a handsome man at midnight!
I also love, love love champagne. On any occasion possible, I pop a bottle of bubbly to celebrate when I can, but this year I didn’t just want to pop a plain bottle. I created a cocktail that merges my love for the holidays and the festivities of New Years Eve.
This recipe uses some of my absolute favorite things – La Croix, ginger beer, apple cider, fresh lemons, and of course champagne.
Its tangy and spicy taste will make you forget you’re drinking champagne – but as always, remember to drink responsibly!
Bryan and I will be sipping on these on New Year’s Eve – do you have any special cocktails you like to drink? See recipe below. Cheers!Print
- 1 Bottle of Champagne (750mL) I chose Proa Cava Brut – which has citrus-y/peachy notes and is a surprisingly great bottle for less than $5
- 2 ounces 1/4 cup of lemon simple syrup
- 2 ounces cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 ounces of lemon ginger apple cider
- 8 ounces of Grapefruit La Croix
- 8 ounces of ginger beer
- In a pitcher (or punch bowl if you’re feeling festive), add in your lemon simple syrup, lemon juice, apple cider and grapefruit La Croix. stir until it is all combined. Pour in your bottle of chilled Champagne, reserving a cup.
- Mix the ingredients together and pour them into champagne glasses, leaving some room at the top.
- Add a splash of ginger beer and champagne over the top.
- Cheers to a new year, and enjoy your bubbly!
- Serve with frozen grapes if you want to keep the glasses cold. Otherwise, chilling your champagne before starting will be just fine.