I partnered with Truvia® Sweetener to bring you this recipe!
My philosophy on having dessert when you have diabetes is that you can still enjoy the classics, you may just need a little swap and some portion control.
For my perfect, mini peach cobblers, I’m using store-bought ingredients like pie crust and frozen peaches, as well as Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener to enhance the peaches’ sweetness without adding any actual sugar.
I love making them this way because they’re fool-proof, very fast to make, and impressive when you bring them out at a party.
Plus, making them mini helps them cook faster and builds in that portion control for fewer carbs, fat and calories with your dessert.
Using Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener has major benefits for me: It’s granulated like traditional sugar, and even bakes and browns like sugar in recipes so what you’re baking will look and taste like you’d expect it to.
Sweet Complete™ is also is a one-to-one substitute for sugar, making it super easy to tweak any recipe you’d like whether it calls for regular sugar whether by the pinch, tablespoon or cup.
It makes my baked goods SO delicious and is also perfect for your everyday coffee, smoothies and more!
Ingredients for mini peach cobblers
1/4 stick of butter
2 cups (16 ounces) frozen peaches
½ half teaspoon of salt
1 sheet of store bought pie dough
1 egg + 1 tablespoon of water (egg wash)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons corn starch
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice)
How to make mini peach cobblers
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter the insides of your 3 1/4” ramekin.
- Add your peaches to a bowl.
- Pour in your Truvia® Sweet Complete™, pumpkin pie spice and cornstarch and give them a mix.
- Set the fruit and Truvia® Sweet Complete™ mixture aside.
- Roll out your store-bought dough to a 1/4 in thick and cut circles with a small biscuit cutter, we want 2 for each ramekin – one for the bottom and one for the top.
- Add one pie circle to the bottom of your dish, add filling to the top of the ramekin and then add one to the top.
- Brush with egg wash, and sprinkle some Truvia® Sweet Complete™ on the top just to give it a nice crunchy, crackly, golden top.
- Place in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.
- Look for a bubbly filling and a golden brown and crisp top.
- Remove from oven, let cool until warm, and no longer bubbling.
Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Granulated Sweetener contains chicory root fiber. This recipe has 7 grams of dietary fiber per serving.Print