I needed a go-to dish that wouldn’t take long, but would feed a crowd.
Enter Lemon Pasta with Shrimp.
I love this dish because not only is it easy, but it’s flavorful and requires only a few ingredients. It’s also versatile for those picky eaters.
Something that everyone seems to appreciate is that the dish isn’t overly sour from the citrus, and it pairs nicely with white wine. It’s just lovely and balanced overall. It’s rich, but light at the same time.
This dish also is a crowd favorite every time because the past is so creamy and yummy. It uses a little technique from pasta carbonara.
I always take a cup of the leftover pasta water and pour it in with the cheese to make the pasta creamy – no extra cream or calories needed.
The starches from the water help everything come together – it’s one of my absolute favorite pasta cooking techniques and works like a charm every time.
I really hope you enjoy this Lemon Pasta with shrimp! Check out the recipe below for your next party.Print
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of dill
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- 2 lbs of peeled and de-veined extra large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup parmigiano reggiano
- Season your shrimp with salt, pepper, and lemon zest, and set aside. Make sure to peel your shrimp prior to beginning.
- Add water to a large saucepan, and set your stove to medium-high heat. Add the salt to the water and let it come to a rolling boil. Once the water is boiling, add in your spaghetti.
- Save 1 cup of pasta water and drain the rest.
- Grab a large pan (in this case I used my Le Creuset oval dutch oven) While your water is boiling, add olive oil, butter, and garlic to your pan. Let the garlic turn a light brown color, stir, and add your shrimp and cook until pink.
- Add in your lemon juice.
- Add your pasta to your shrimp and stir.
- Shave Parmigiano Reggiano (to your liking) over the pasta and shrimp.
- Pour in your cup of the reserved pasta water.
- Stir until pasta is creamy.
- Garnish the lemon pasta with dill.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 500
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 34
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 55
Keywords: Lemon, Butter, Dill, Pasta, Shrimp, Lemon Butter Shrimp Pasta