The best thing about Keto is the big challenge of taking meals that I love and turning them into low carb options. This time we’ve got cauliflower shrimp fried rice!
One of my favorite takeout options is shrimp fried rice, but as you know it’s heavy carb with all the rice.
Cauliflower rice has been one of my absolute favorite options for getting that fix and that rice texture without so many of the carbs.
The thing I love about this recipe is that it uses traditional flavors, but it just replaces the rice – and you honestly wont miss the rice that much!
The trick with cauliflower, is that you want to buy it fresh, and you want to cook it so that it still has a bite – not so much that it becomes a mushy mess. That’s how you’ll get the right texture for the dish.
Check out the recipe below for cauliflower shrimp fried rice, and be sure to pin it so you can have it for a keto dinner.Print
A low-carb version of the classic Chinese take-out favorite.
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 4 tablespoons of green onion (chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1/4 white onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 large egg (I used brown egg)
- 1 cup shrimp (whole or chopped, your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (to drizzle into the pan after cooking).
- Heat your sesame oil in your pan on medium-high heat (I used a wok).
- Cook your shrimp and season with salt until they’re almost cooked through (the rest of the process is going to cook the shrimp through).
- Dump in your riced cauliflower, garlic, onion and add more salt.
- Continue to stir until those ingredients are cooked through.
- Turn your wok down to medium low heat.
- Crack and egg inside the pan and mix in the egg – be sure to work quickly as the pan will be hot and cook the eggs quickly – in about 30 seconds.
- Add in your chopped green onions.
- Pour over coconut aminos and stir once more to incorporate.
Keywords: cauliflower fried rice, cauliflower rice, cauliflower shrimp fried rice.