A craveable pizza recipe that reduces the overall carbohydrates in your pizza.
I will do anything in my ability to avoid carbs. As a person with Diabetes, it’s the best thing I can do for my blood sugar.
Carbs by nature give me high numbers and once your blood sugar is high, it’s tough to get it down into normal ranges. Fat head pizza is helpful when I want a good pepperoni pizza, but I don’t want to deal with the spikes.
Pizza is one of my favorite foods, but obviously, it’s loaded with carbohydrates, and it’s so rich, but also addicting.
I don’t eat pizza very often these days, but in the future when I do, I’m turning to fat head pizza dough.
What is fat head pizza?
Fat head Pizza is a low carb, high-fat pizza option.
It’s made by combining different cheeses, spices, and alternative flours to make a sturdy crust. Then, it’s topped with regular pizza toppings!
Is fat head pizza gluten free?
The crust is free of gluten. It usually uses almond flour (finely ground almonds), mozzarella and cream cheese for structure.
Is fat head pizza carb free?
Fat head pizza is low carb, but not carb free.
Though it’s going to be lower in carbs than all-purpose flour, you should still eat this in moderation. Additionally, Fat head Pizza is very high in fat.
Does fat head pizza dough taste like pizza crust?
Yes and no. Flavor-wise, using spices will help the dough taste like something you recognize – especially because of the fat content. But if you’re looking for a crispy dough like you would find in most pizza doughs with gluten and yeast, this may be slightly different.
You can do your best to roll the dough out as thinly as possible and even with a thin crust, I didn’t get the same crispy dough I’m used to – but It still tasted solid.
In the future, I might use a small amount of flour to give the crust more structure. I think a small amount of flour and yeast could help this! I’ll keep testing it out and let you guys know what happens.
How to make fat head crust
Here’s how you make it – I hope you enjoy! Let me know what you top your pizza with! You can also check out other recipes I love on Pinterest.Print
Fat Head Pizza
A delicious pizza crust alternative with a lower carbohydrate count.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Keto
For the Dough
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
For The Toppings
- 1 cup Pepperonis
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons Oregano to sprinkle on top.
- Olive oil for drizzle
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- In a microwave safe bowl, add shredded mozzarella cheese 2 tbsp cream cheese and salt. Microwave until the cheese has melted together (about one minute).
- Incorporate the cheese mixture until it’s well-mixed and add in the egg. Continue to stir and then add in almond flour.
- Place the dough between two pieces of parchment, roll it out until thin. Bake the crust for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden and has set in place.
- Remove the crust from the oven, and top with mozzarella, and pepperoni. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust and top with oregano and and olive oil.
- Cut the pizza with a rolling pizza cutter, and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2 Slices
- Calories: 470
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 1008mg
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 33g
Keywords: keto pizza, fathead dough, fathead pizza, low carb pizza crust