I’m collaborating with Truvia® to bring you some delicious OR deliciously sweet recipes! I was compensated for my review, but all opinions are my own.
As life gets busier, Bryan and I are always looking for easy dinner recipes. Our hour and a half commute from work each evening always have us debating whether we should grab food on the way home or take the time to cook.
As I get older, I realize why my parents always bought us a pizza, or threw together a quick meal. When you’ve woken up at 5 a.m. and you don’t get home until after 6:30 p.m., you want to make dinner as quick and easy as possible.
We’re both looking after our health and home-cooked meals are always the better option, so I started thinking about meals we could make-ahead using ingredients from our garden.
When we moved into our house a few months ago, I started a “garden.” It’s really just rosemary, basil and tomatoes, but it’s something! I found that it kept me occupied and it was actually relaxing.
It was just about time to harvest basil and tomatoes, so I wanted to use it in this dish. I was inspired by Truvia to create a little sweet twist on my normal cream sauce.
While the salmon cooks, you can get a head start on making the cream sauce. As a fattier fish, salmon actually adapts well to sweetness, so along with a little cream, lemon juice, basil, olive oil, and Truvia Natural Sweetener, I created a base sauce that I reduced down with some fresh veggies.
If you’re looking to sweeten up your meal, look no further. With Truvia Natural Sweetener, you can get your sweetness from a variety of formats. I love the Spoonable jar because I can scoop the perfect amount for the cream sauce. And the best part? It’s calorie-free!
Now, once the salmon is done cooking, take it out of the pan and pour in your cream sauce (it will bubble a lot).
Next, I add in the green beans and grape tomatoes, before placing the salmon back into the pan. We let the sauce reduce so it becomes sticky and deep in color. The end result is delicious and filling – perfect end to a long commute after a busy workday!
Check out the recipe below, and enjoy!Print
The star of this recipe is the lemon cream sauce made with Truvia Natural Sweetener. No extra carbs or calories!
- Heat a cast iron pan with oil inside. Use high heat.
- Rub your salmon with olive oil and salt.
- Place skin side down in your pan and let cook until it has reached 145 degree temperature.
- While the salmon is cooking, make your cream sauce. Mix together cream, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and Truvia Natural Sweetener . Add chopped basil and set aside.
- Once salmon is done cooking, take it out of the pan and pour in your cream sauce (it will bubble a lot). Turn the heat down to medium.
- Add your green beans and grape tomatoes.
- Place the salmon back into the pan, and let the sauce reduce (it will become sticky, deep in color, and thick).
- Plate your salmon and enjoy!
- Category: Low Carb
- Method: Searing
- Cuisine: Gulf Coast Seafood
Keywords: Salmon, cream sauce, lemon