When the weather starts to warm up, there’s nothing more refreshing than a big bowl of Strawberry Watermelon Mint Salad. This delicious and healthy salad is perfect for a summer picnic or cookout. Not only does it taste great, but watermelon is also a nutritional powerhouse!
I love how refreshing watermelon can be – especially while the heat has crept up this summer. Anything that can give me an extra bit of hydration and is tasty is great in my book.
Hey! A quick note before you start reading!
I’m Mila Clarke, The Hangry Woman! I help people like myself living with diabetes find our strength and feel less shame and loneliness, so we can face diabetes head-on without fear, or judgment.
I do this via YouTube videos, and diabetes-friendly recipes, support, and encouragement, so join my channel or click here to subscribe to my mailing list, for exclusive content and perks.
Ingredients in Strawberry Watermelon Salad
For the salad:
- 1 lb strawberries, washed/sliced
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
For the dressing:
- 1 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
How to Make a Watermelon Salad
Mix greek yogurt, lemon juice, and honey.
Spread the yogurt mixture at the bottom of a bowl and sprinkle chia seeds over the top.
Arrange your watermelon cubes, and strawberries on top of the yogurt mixture.
Place your mint around the plate for garnish (and eating), and enjoy!
Why is Watermelon a good choice for people with diabetes?
Watermelon is a nutritional powerhouse! Not only does it taste great, but watermelon is also a great source of hydration. Here are some of the key nutrients that watermelon provides:
- Watermelon is a good source of Vitamin A, which supports healthy skin and vision.
- It is also a good source of Vitamin C, which is an important antioxidant that helps support the immune system.
- Watermelon is a good source of lycopene, a phytonutrient linked to several health benefits, including heart health and cancer prevention.
- Watermelon is also a good source of potassium, which is important for maintaining healthy blood pressure. So next time you’re looking for a refreshing and healthy snack or side dish, give watermelon a try! Strawberry Watermelon salad is a great way to enjoy the delicious taste of watermelon while getting some valuable nutrients at the same time.
So there you have it – a delicious and healthy summer salad that is perfect for any occasion. Get the recipe below, and make sure to leave a comment and a rating if you’ve given this recipe a try.Print