Never made a chaffle before? Click here for an FAQ on chaffles.
Check out all of my chaffle recipes here.
Need a waffle maker? Here are 5 great ones for all kinds of cooking needs!
I decided to come out with a chaffle recipe each week in addition to regular recipe posts! This everything bagel chaffle is a winner.
You guys liked my original chaffle so much, and I feel like the flavor combinations are pretty endless, so why not?!
This everything bagel chaffle is going to be an instant classic!
I’ve given up bread for the most part with a few exceptions. I try taking the buns off my burgers, or low carb bread, but bagels are one thing that just isn’t the same in a low carb version.
The soft chew from the bread, toasting it and slathering it in cream cheese is unlike anything else, really.
But even if you can’t have the bread, you can still have the flavors.
So I took all of the best parts about an everything bagel and put it into a chaffle.
One thing that I like about this recipe is that you can eat this just like a bagel.
Smear some cream cheese and sprinkle extra everything bagel seasoning (the Trader Joe’s kind obviously) on top. Toast it in the oven a little bit for some extra crunch.
How do I perfect this chaffle?
I always get a lot of questions about my chaffle recipes, so I wanted to make sure you get all of your questions answered. I usually include notes in the recipe card as well.
Be sure to read the recipe first before you attempt it! It will save you a lot of time and hassle to know the steps up front!
What kind of cheese do I use for this everything bagel chaffle?
You can use whatever cheese you would like as the base. I used mozzarella in mine so the everything bagel seasoning would stand out.
You could also use a little bit of cream cheese in this recipe if you’d like. Just make sure to blend it well so you don’t have chunks of cream cheese.
How do I cook these chaffles?
You’ll need a waffle maker to make these. There are lots of choices, I personally like the full-size waffle maker.
To give your chaffle an even flavor you need to mix your egg with your spices and almond flour first, and then coat the cheese. It sounds like me being nit-picky, but it actually makes all of the difference with your chaffle.
Can I substitute coconut flour for almond flour?
Yes. It’s such a small amount that the sub works fine. You can sub 1:1, just note that your chaffle may have a drier consistency with coconut flour.
Can you freeze everything bagel chaffles?
Yep! Make sure they’re in an airtight container and wrapped properly. in parchment or wax paper. They can stay frozen for up to two weeks.
What else do I need to know about chaffles?
So much! There are lots of questions answered here, but feel free to visit my chaffle guide!Print
Missing that fave everything bagel? Here’s a chaffle recipe that gives you that great everything bagel taste!
There are lots of questions about the best way to make a chaffle. Here’s some guidance in my chaffle guide!
1 tablespoon of almond flour
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup mozzarella cheese (full fat, skim or nonfat will work depending on your preferences. Your nutrition information may vary based on your cheese. This recipe uses low-moisture, part skim mozarella).
2 teaspoons of everything bagel seasoning
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- In a bowl, mix together, egg, almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder baking powder and everything bagel seasoning.
- Add in the mozzarella cheese and coat it evenly with the mixture.
- Spray your waffle maker with oil (if needed) and let it heat up to its highest setting.
- Cook the waffle, checking on it every 5 minutes until it gets crunchy and golden.
- Your nutrition information could vary based on the cheese you use. Calculate your macros based on your own ingredients.
- Make sure you put in 1/4 of your batter for a mini waffle maker, and half in each side if you have a split waffle maker. The waffle maker can overflow, making it a messy process. I suggest putting down a silpat mat for an easy clean up.
- This will make 4 mini chaffles, or two large chaffles. You can also use this in a belguim waffle maker as one extra large chaffle.
- Smear it with some cream cheese and sprinkle with a little extra everything bagel seasoning for that bagel taste.
- Yes, you can substitute coconut flour for almond flour. You may get a slightly different texture and a drier waffle.
- Category: Chaffles
- Method: Waffle Maker
- Cuisine: Keto
Keywords: Everything bagel, everything bagel chaffle, chaffle recipe, chaffles, savory chaffle